Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Teacher Feature - Mr. Robb


What do you most like to read? (this could be a literary genre, or a type of material, like blogs, magazines, etc.)
I mostly like to solve puzzles. I read puzzle magazines such as "Games" and "Logic Puzzles" I solve puzzles from these magazines at night while lying in bed until I fall asleep. Now, because of iPad my list of puzzles to solve has increased dramatically. I am now eased to sleep by Sudokus, traditional games like Backgammon and Hearts, and the many types of logic puzzles I find in iPad apps. I read novels during the summer, usually thrillers. There's nothing better than reading a novel early in the morning before anyone has awakened at the campsite of our yearly boating trip on the Sacramento Delta.

Do you have a favorite book/author/publication?
Brett Battles is my favorite author. He has a few series of thriller novels published as well as a couple of standalone thrillers. Brett just happens to have been one of my college roommates. We were roommates for three years. It is great to see him become so successful at doing what he loves to do. He was able to quit his "real job" about six years ago.

What's the last great thing you read?
The Jonathan Quinn thriller series of novels by Brett Battles.

Where do you most like to read?
My favorite time to read is early in the morning. Often on Sunday mornings I go to my favorite local breakfast place "Lilly's off the bowling alley. The owner softly sings while she works and the waiter knows to bring me ice water, orange slices, eggs, and polish sausage. I am than left alone to quietly read the whole Sunday Times. That is heaven.

When you were in high school, did you like to read? If so, what?
High school was all about sports. I read Sports Illustrated and Tennis Magazine.

What is your most hated book and why?
"Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry into Values" by Robert M. Pirsig
I had to read this for freshman psychology in college. I would love to own a "Monster Truck" and drive it right into that book and over those ridiculous motorcycles crushing them into a flat chunk of metal. Have a Chautauqua assembly about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment