Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Tolog Review: Just Listen

Just Listen
by Sara Dessen
reviewed by Cassandra Pichardo

The book was a 10/10 for me because the storyline was interesting, I could not stop reading it because I was so intrigued, and I feel it had many lessons about confrontation, honesty and confidence. The book explains how people who are completely different than you can make you learn and realize things you never knew about yourself or the people that surround you. From the book I also saw how you need to resolve issues to have closure, even though confrontation is scary at times it is very important to have the confidence to confront someone about a situation or any problems relating to you. The book also made me realize how many people see that people are in a difficult time and pretend they don’t see it because their not courageous enough. For example, in the story Anabel was accused of something she didn’t do and all her friends had turned on her. People saw how she was going through a hard time, and people pretended to not notice and didn’t even think about being a good friend/classmate and helping her, however Owen was the only person in the school who made an effort to talk and be friendly to her. The book taught me to do the right thing and be courageous even if people will judge you for it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment