Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tolog Recommendations: Elixir by Hillary Duff

review by Jennifer Fix

I very much enjoyed reading this book. This book captured my attention when I saw the author's name, Hilary Duff, who was a very popular singer and actor for Disney. I would have never expected her to write a book like this. I mainly liked it because it is a combination of my favorite genres; Sci-fi, romance, mystery, and general fiction. This book was basically about a 17-year-old girl named Clea who's father disappeared when he was on a journey to find answers to an "Elixir" he was researching. When Clea starts noticing a beautiful man appearing in all of her photos, she soon begins to realize, along with her two best friends, Ben and Rayna, that this man is her "Guardian Angel" who was her lover in previous lives. This guardian angel was also assigned to protect her. All four of them must discover why Clea's father disappeared, if he's still alive, and if all this has to do with this infamous "Elixir."

If you liked "The Mortal Instruments" series, then I think you'll love this book! Both of these books are sci-fi, action books that are mixed with a bit of romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment