Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Tolog Review: My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult
reviewed by Payton Tompkins

For the first SSR reading assignment, I read the book My Sister’s Keeper. The book was very intriguing, and an overall good-read that is not very difficult. The book is about a 13-year-old named Anna Fitzgerald. She has a very interesting life, because the only reason she actually has a life and was brought onto this earth was to help save her older sister Kate’s life. The reason she is saving Kate’s life is because she has promyelocytic leukemia, and Anna can donate her body parts in order to save her sister’s life. The problem is, that Anna has never given anyone permission to take away her body parts, and she decides she needs to take a stand. This is when she persuades Campbell Alexander to be her lawyer, so she can sue her parents for the rights to her own body. This causes much drama for her family, not even including the fact that her sister is extremely sick.

If I were to rate this book, I would give it a 7 out of 10. The overall plot was extremely intriguing, and each of the characters were interesting, but some chapters just seemed never ending. Although the chapters were long, I really enjoyed Picoult’s writing style. It was extremely interesting how each chapter had a different character narrating, and they would rotate. I also liked how the book was not all in the present, and that some of the chapters were about past times/situations. It made the book more intriguing and unique. If someone enjoys fiction, that somehow seems to come to life and seem real. This book truly reminded me of The Fault in our Stars, because I felt such a strong connection with both books. This book is well-worth your time if you are looking for an easy read with intense characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment