Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Tolog Review: The Little Prince

The Little Prince
by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry
reviewed by Christina Costanzo 

In Antoine De Saint-Exupéry’s book, The Little Prince, a child shares his knowledge about the importance of life with an adult. The story begins with the adult sharing his experience as a child. In the beginning the man recalls a time in his childhood when he drew a snake eating an elephant. Because of a lack of imagination, the reaction from the adults was dull and discouraging. Now as an adult himself, the man encounters a child called the Little Prince. The Little prince tells the man of his experiences with other adults. He doesn’t understand why adults lack imagination and focus more on materialistic things, such as looks and wealth. The Little Prince teaches the man that the important things in life are simpler than one would think. He shows him that with a little imagination one can truly obtain happiness in life.

Although this book may seem childish, I loved it and believe that it gets a good message across. Antoine De Saint-Exupéry captivates you with the intriguing character of the Little Prince. I feel like I can relate to both the man and the Little Prince in this story. Although I am still a child, I can still look back to when I was younger and think of when I felt no adult could understand me. But, I can also relate now when I can get caught up in school and my social life. I can become so distracted and I care so much about more materialistic things. I appreciate the way the Little Prince portrays the message that a little imagination can go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment