Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Teacher Feature - Ms. Havrilla


  • What do you most like to read?  (this could be a literary genre, or a type of material, like blogs, magazines, etc.)
    • I like to read the news daily, health/medicine academic journals/abstracts frequently, spiritual formation (ex. The Lamb's Supper by Dr. Scott Hahn, Theology of the Body by Christopher West, & Bible Study- I use a guide from St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology) frequently, magazines (monthly), educational resources (ex. Brain-based learning by Eric Jensen), and I finally get around to novels during the summertime.  The novels I read depend on my mood and location.  I tend to enjoy "easy reads" such as romance novels (ex. Nicholas Sparks, Mary Kay Andrews), adventure (ex. Clive Cussler- one of my favorites), and action/adventure (ex. Nelson DeMille, Brad Thor- who can resist a handsome Navy Seal keeping America safe?)  Oh and yes, I usually read the novels while sitting out on the lake in the Montana sunshine – or at home on the beach listening to the waves lap upon the shore.
  • Do you have a favorite book/author/publication?
    • No, variety is the spice of life.  I like to mix it up.
  • What's the last great thing you read?
    • Hmm, most of my reading during the school year revolves around my classes- just recently I sent a current events article to my Anatomy students regarding the flu outbreak with handy tips on how to prevent getting sick.  Personally, reading my Bible study guide is probably the last read that has been most enriching.
  • Where do you most like to read?
    • OUTSIDE!  In nature.  Under the sunshine.
  • When you were in high school, did you like to read?  If so, what?  
    • Honestly, no.   (Maybe you shouldn't include this question?!)  Actually, I really thought I hated to read for awhile (except textbooks- I've always loved those!)  I finally realized that it wasn't reading I hated, it was being forced to read books I didn't care about that I hated.  I've overcome that obstacle.
  • What is your most hated book and why?
    • FSHA summer reading?! Lol  Try reading East of Eden with one eye (no joke- I had a serious eye injury summer of sophomore year- this was before audiobooks were as common as they are now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment