Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Teacher Feature - Ms. Jones


What do you most like to read?  
I love historical fiction most!  There is something really interesting to me about imagining how people lived in times gone by and getting a little window into the past through an interesting character.  I also enjoy magazines about celebrity gossip, parenting, my university's alumni magazine and teacher magazines because I can finish an article in a few minutes.

Do you have a favorite book/author/publication?
Yes, I am obsessed with Diana Gabaldon and the Outlander series!  It's SO good!

What's the last great thing you read?
A Breath of Snow and Ashes which is the 6th book in the Outlander series.

Where do you most like to read?
I usually read in bed.  Most often before I go to sleep, to help me wind down from the day.  I used to love to stay in bed late on a Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and my book, but Baby Mariah makes that difficult these days!

Ms. Jones hates this book!
When you were in high school, did you like to read?  If so, what?  
Yes, I loved to read in high school.  I even liked some of the books we were assigned to read!  Believe it or not, I liked The Scarlet Letter, The Crucible, 1984 and A Prayer for Owen Meany.  I had less time to read for pleasure but I still squeezed it in where I could.  My favorite books growing up were the Little House on the Prairie series, the books by Karen Cushman, who wrote Catherine, Called Birdy, Scott O'Dell books (Island of the Blue Dolphins) and the Harry Potter series.

What is your most hated book and why?

Billy Budd by Herman Melville.  Seriously awful!  Boring, slow and hard to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment