Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tolog Review: The Solitude of Prime Numbers

The Solitude of Prime Numbers
by Paolo Giordano

reviewed by Sarah Vail, class of 2015

I have mixed reviews about this book. The beginning was extremely slow and each chapter kept flipping back and forth between several different character's stories, so it was very easy to get lost in the beginning as well. Though towards the end I really liked this book because I love sweet endings about friends who become more then friends after all of the struggles they have encountered together and finally being together in the end. So overall, it took a while for the story to really pick up, but the end made me happy with the book in the end. Though the end did not make up for the slow beginning because the slow beginning made me feel like the book was just going on and on and nothing exciting was really happening, from my perspective. It took a very long time for the romance to come into play in this book and that is when I could not put the book down. So I was happy with the book, but it is not one of my absolute favorite books. One of the specific things I did not like about the book was the switching of character stories every chapter. I eventually got the hang of this sequence, but in the beginning of the book I was very utterly confused on what was going on and I would get character stories mixed up. Getting character stories mixed up plus my confusion is probably one of the contributing reasons as to why I did not like the book in the beginning. Though this book was still a great one, but it was definitely not my favorite. This book is for people who can easily follow many different stories and love how they come together in the end, then this is the book for you. 
If you liked books such as Valentines Day and New Years Eve, then you'll love this book!

[note from Ms. Murphy: I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!]

No comments:

Post a Comment