Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

JRP Tip: Look at the rubric while writing your proposal

Ladies, please make sure you are consulting the rubric as you put together your proposal for Sunday.  Here is the description of a proposal that will earn a 5:

The student's proposal presents an engaging, complex idea that is firmly based in American Studies.  The student's idea clearly stems from one of the suggested themes, and may even present a original sub-theme.  The proposal shows a preliminary grasp of the subject matter; it is obvious that the student conducted some research in order to identify and define some of the major topics and terms related to her topic.  The proposal is thoughtful and complete, and the research questions are clear and specific enough for the student to pursue successfully. The research plan presented (search terms, possible source types) shows insight into what are the necessary next steps of the process. The student is able to proceed without significant revision.

So, ask yourself as you complete your work:

Am I asking questions about American culture and society?
Am I considering the themes presented on the project LibGuide?
Are my thoughts about the theme I'm exploring CLEAR?
Have I conveyed that I did some reading on this topic and know a few things about it?
Did someone I know and trust read through this in order to give me feedback?

We're all looking forward to reading your proposals!

No comments:

Post a Comment