Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tolog Recommendations: Winter's Bone

Winter's Bone
by Daniel Woodrell

reviewed by Sarah Peterson
class of 2017

Winter’s Bone was an exciting book about a sixteen year old girl whose father had left her her mother and her two younger brothers. Her mother is ill and her two young brothers are barely ten, so she took on the responsibility of taking care of her family. Ree finds out that her father trial is coming up and she has to find him in a week dead or alive. This book is not my favorite, but what I love was how strong of a female character Ree was. Over the past few years, I have read mainly books with strong female characters because it gives me inspiration, and when I read a book I like to picture myself in the place of one of the characters and imagine if I was them. While reading this book, I could imagine myself in Ree's place. Besides Ree in the book, the book also showed me the hardships and reality that some people have to live in. This book is fiction, but I felt it could have taken on the story of someone who is real. Winter’s Bone was a good book and I would recommend it to any of my classmates at FSHA. If you liked realistic fiction with all lot of excitement and drama, you'll love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment