Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tolog Review: Fallen

Fallen
by Lauren Kate

reviewed by Kayla Montgomery, class of 2015

First, this book started out really slow and I began to lose interest. Often times throughout the novel the plot became extremely confusing and I lost track of what was going on. Several times in the novel a great conflict would happen and the characters would act like there was nothing wrong. Additionally, there were several things in the plot that were confusing and at the end of the novel they were left unexplained. What was interesting to me was the romance aspect of the novel. In the middle of the story I was suddenly captured into this forbidden romance and I could not stop reading. I became entranced with the relationship between Luce and Daniel and began rooting for them to be together. Also, what was interesting was when the book turned into a fantasy, and I was surprised by the supernatural things happening in a seemingly normal boarding school. If you like the House of Night Series by P.C and Kristen Cast, or the Twilight Series then you will love this book. Additionally, if you like fantasy novels with a hint of romance then you will also really enjoy reading this book.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment