Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tolog Review: Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer
by Bethany Hamilton
reviewed by Jennifer Fix, class of 2017

I really enjoyed reading this book because I personally love reading other people's autobiographies just to see their perspective on life. In this case, a girl named Bethany Hamilton, was a professional surfer who got her arm bitten off by a shark. I would be terrified, but she explained how she didn't freak out as much as most people thought she did. It is very interesting to read her perspective on it, especially when so many people all over the world want to know how she handled it all. She talked a lot about how she did handle it, and while reading it I tried to imagine what it would be like in her shoes. If what I loved doing most was jeopardized by something that would never be able to make me do it again, I would be heartbreaking for me. But most of all, this book was incredibly inspirational and inspiring to me. Bethany explained how she would never let something like this stop her from doing what she loved most. She personally inspired me to never give up on anything, even if something or someone is trying to stop me. She also talked about her religion and her huge faith in God, which really speaks to me and helps me relate to my own faith in God as well. This book really drew my attention and made not want to stop reading. After reading this, I would actually really like to meet this girl someday and hear it all again from her personally. If you like or liked reading any biographies or autobiographies in the past, you will definitely love this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment