Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Tolog Review: You Know Where to Find Me

You Know Where to Find Me
by Rachel Cohn

reviewed by Jenna Farac, class of  2017

I thought I was going to like this book a lot more than I actually did. It reminded me of Go Ask Alice because you see some result of drugs and it has the same gloomy tone. I didn't really feel like there was a climax or a plot to this book. To me it just seemed like the book was describing the main character's life and I thought it was going to be a lot more dramatic and exciting than it was for me. Overall I was not very excited to read the book once I got into it because I did not notice any exciting parts that made me want to keep reading the book. This book pretty much describes a girl's life after her cousin, who was always the "perfect" one, dies of a drug overdose. The main character is just trying to get by without her cousin, who was like a sister to her. The main character always seemed to show indifference towards everything and that made me feel indifference towards the book. It was a very dingy book. I prefer books that have more going on in them and are not just a description of day-to-day life. I think the book would have been made better if more major events happened in it and it was more dramatic. Also I think it would have been better if the main character showed more emotion because she didn’t really seem to care about anything and that made the book boring to read.

If you liked Go Ask Alice, you'll love this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment