Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tolog Review: The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner
by Khaled Hosseini
reviewed by Megan Alle

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, is a remarkable novel that is full of redemption, honor, and love. Amir, the narrator who is a very intelligent man grew up always wanting to gain his fathers attention and trust in Afghanistan. Throughout Amir’s life, he wanted to redeem himself for what he had done to his best friend (Hassan) when he was younger. Along the way, he pursued his career of being an author of short stories and found out his family had been hiding a huge secret from him. In the end, Amir becomes much like his father. 


This book was a great read because how it always kept the reader intrigued and wanting more. “The sky is seamless and blue, the snow so white my eyes burn. I shovel a handful of the fresh snow into my mouth, listen to the muffled stillness broken only by the cawing of crows.” (Hosseini 48) The author gave a vivid image and significant details when he described the setting. I liked how he used a tender tone in his writing. “The sheets showed brightly colored kites flying in indigo blue skies.”(Hosseini 358) I appreciated how he used the kite as a symbol and it kept coming back through events in the book. One aspect I did not enjoy were the villains. I didn’t like them because they were the bullies and had no point to be mean to others characters.


Overall, I thought this book was very favorable. I think anyone who is interested in historical fiction and wants a powerful book they will defiantly love this.




No comments:

Post a Comment